Mods for The Sims 4 are not only clothes, but also furniture. Many add-ons improve and diversify the gameplay to a large extent. Where to get free additional game content? How to load mods to The Sims 4? Which of the modifications are worth trying?
The Sims 4 mods – what do they even give?
Mods for The Sims 4 are various types of mini-additions that extend the life of the game and diversify the gameplay. Among them you will find new clothes, furniture and hairstyles for Sims, as well as more extensive modifications, e.g. scripts that change the parameters of home devices so that they break less often. There are also modifications that enliven the environment – after installing them, the Sims neighbors will be actively working, making friends, and creating relationships. Just as if they were being controlled by another player.
The best mods for The Sims 4
Mods for The Sims 4 can be divided into several groups. Some allow you to play on completely new boards, others modify the Sims universe so that it refers to popular movies or series. Some of the modifications add interesting modes, increasing the player’s ability to manipulate various parameters of Sims. Which of them are the best?
Mods that increase the realism of the game
A mandatory mod that improves the gameplay and makes the gameplay more realistic is MC Command Center (The MCC Sims 4). The modification makes the immediate neighborhood vibrant with life. Your Sim’s neighbors are actively working, making friends, moving to new homes; just as if someone was controlling them. It is also worth installing Brookheights Open Worlds – the mod was created for players who long for a truly open world.
Other modifications to improve the realism of the life simulator are:
- Go to School – if you are interested in the school life of Sims, you will surely be delighted with this mod. From now on, you will be able to actively participate in the education of your pupils;
- Srsly’s Complete Cooking Overhaul (SCCO) – the mod improves the cooking system to be more realistic;
- No Mosaic / Censor Mod – the mod affects the visual experience by removing the censorship that appears when the Sim is naked.
We also recommend trying The Sims 4 , such as:
- Functional E-Cig – the add-on introduces a completely new feature – smoking an e-cigarette. The creators even made available several different animations related to the release of smoke from the mouth;
- Have Some Personality Please – no more automatic conversations and pointless chatter, Sims now have interesting and logical dialogues. Improving interaction and communication also applies to animals – after installing mods, their behavior is more realistic. An expansion makes Sims’ character traits more influencing their behavior;
- Shaving Mod – the extension interferes with the game script so that you can shave your facial hair.
Mods that increase the ability to control various parameters in the game
There are mods that improve gameplay by increasing the player’s influence on various parameters. The most interesting of them are:
- Playable Pets – The Sims 4 severely limited the ability to control pets. Fortunately, after installing this add-on, the player has a greater influence on the behavior of dogs or cats;
- Turbo Careers – now the player can travel with his Sim to his work and have a greater impact on the progress in his professional life.
It is also worth testing:
- Better Babies & Toddlers – the mod adds numerous functions related to being a parent. After installing the expansion, playing with Baby Sims and Toddler Sims is much more fascinating;
- Social Media Career for Teens – is an interesting mod that is very timely, as it allows young Sims to be actively involved in Social Media. Moreover, young Sims can even work as social media specialists.
Mods that correct bugs and diversify the game
The most popular mods that correct various bugs in the game or add new options are:
- No More Culling – thanks to this modification, the game will not remove an excess number of Sims (this function is set by default);
- Normal & More Names – the extension adds a database of unique localized names and surnames for Sims, the player also gains access to correctly translated names for pets;
- Teen and YA Romance – the add-on changes the game script so that teens and young adults can flirt with each other and go on dates.
It is also worth trying:
- Canning Station / Cotton Candy Machine – a mod appreciated by fans of culinary art. Loading it allows you to create your own preserves in the game, just like in the rural idyll;
- Eat at tables – the modification corrects the game bug where Sims are reluctant to eat at the dining table;
- No Disappearing Relatives in Family Tree – the extension corrects the game’s bug in which dead relatives of the Sim disappear from the family tree.
Mods that facilitate the gameplay
We also recommend several mods that make the gameplay in The Sims 4 a bit easier:
- Always Start Lots Paused – the expansion pauses the game every time a Sim enters a new place or property, so the player can look around freely;
- Daily Save – automatic saving of game progress, which is helpful in random situations, such as a problem with the Internet or electricity supply;
- Eternal Youth & Immortal – the mod unlocks the so-called eternal youth. Thanks to it, a Sim controlled by a player never gets old.
It is also worth testing the following mods:
- Stuff Breaks Far Less Easily – the add-on means that home appliances will be damaged much less often;
- UI Cheat Extension – mod improves the use of cheats. Instead of typing long commands, just press the right mouse button, for example.
Mods referring to popular themes of fairy tales, movies and series
The mods referring to famous movies and series include:
- The Simpsons Mod – the extension is a real treat for fans of this animated series, thanks to it you can play the role of your favorite heroes;
- Zombie Apocalypse – if you like post-apo atmosphere, this mod is for you. The expansion turns Sims into bloodthirsty zombies, just like in the series The Walking Dead. How to deal with the apocalypse? To do this, you need to equip your Sim with firearms and a lot of ammunition.
A lot of fun will be provided by:
- Explore Mode – after installing this expansion, the Sim can visit various interesting places, such as Disneyland or Jurassic Park;
- Genie Mod – after uploading the expansion, the Sim receives a lamp that allows you to summon a genie that fulfills wishes. But be careful, this creature is malicious. Her summoning could prove to be quite costly, you do so at your own risk.
Other interesting mods referring to popular themes from movies and fairy tales are:
- Haunted Mirror Mod – the expansion brings out a completely new character, the rotting bride. The woman helps to get rid of intrusive guests, in the literal sense of the word;
- Fairies Mod – the mod adds a bit of a fairy-tale atmosphere, thanks to it the player can turn his Sim into a fairy.
Mods Unlocking Access to Additional Content Mods
for The Sims 4 can also unlock access to additional rooms or items. Good examples are:
- BuildBuyMode – the mod unlocks all items that are available in The Sims 4. Now you can buy them right away (as long as your Sim can afford them);
- Ownable cars – the add-on enriches the gameplay with fully playable cars;
- Tropical Getaway – the extension adds a beautiful tropical island, Palm Falls, to the world map. To run them, you need the following game add-ons: Four Seasons, Outdoor Retreat, and Jungle Adventure.
Mods related to Sim’s career.
Interesting extensions related to the Sim’s career are:
- Electrical Engineering Career – from now on your Sim will be able to develop in the electrical engineering industry;
- Ministry of Magic Career – this expansion is a real treat for Harry Potter fans, Sims can work in the Ministry of Magic;
- Ultimate Dancer Career – mod gives you the opportunity to pursue a career as a professional dancer.
It is also worth checking out:
- For The Horde Career Path – if you are bored with traditional professions, try your hand at the Horde army from World of Warcraft;
- Road To Fame – the expansion changes the base game to the likeness of the Become a Star expansion pack. Sims can become a celebrity, give interviews, and be invited to important events;
- Private Practice – mod introduces a completely new medical career. Starting from studies, through the first internship, to full-fledged work in a hospital. And if your Sim does not want to become a doctor, they can go to them for regular checkups, such as blood pressure or body weight analysis;
- Turbo Careers – the mod allows for even more interference in the professional life of a Sim. Instead of working under someone else, he can set up his own shop, detective agency or cafe.
Custom Content – Custom Content and Mods
What is Custom Content (CC for short)? What distinguishes CC from mods for The Sims 4? The so-called Custom content are items that have not appeared in the game – new clothes, accessories, items. On the other hand, modifications to The Sims 4 (mods for short) are extensions that somehow interfere with the gameplay, change the game script so that the player has more control over certain actions. CC includes extensions such as, for example, Lemingstone Garden – the add-on introduces several new objects (furniture and accessories) that will diversify the interior of the house and the garden.
The CC extras are also:
- Argentina World Cup Shirt – if your Sim is a football fan, they will surely enjoy the World Cup T-shirt;
- Pet Cat Sweater – the extension introduces completely new clothes for pets;
- Pufferhead Stuff Pack – is an interesting collection of accessories referring to the Harry Potter universe;
- The Kitchen Stuff Pack – the add-on includes several dozen different dishes and kitchen utensils, which are missing in the basic version of the game.
It is worth checking out the clothes created by the artist with the pseudonym Luumia. These are Retro Cartoon Thrift Tops, Rustic Romance Stuff and Famous Skinnies. Expansions introduce many modifications to improve the appearance of Sims. In turn, interesting furniture is presented, for example, by Veranka’s TS4. The website of the designer has many interesting and stylish items prepared especially for players.
CC is also completely new locations to explore:
- Old Square Market – after uploading the expansion, a completely new shopping center appears on the world map. You can fall into a shopping frenzy there, and also relax in a restaurant;
- Romanov Castle – a real treat for fans of medieval castles. After renting a room in a charming hotel, there is nothing else to do but visit, explore and explore again;
- Windenburg University – Sim can go to the student campus, as well as visit the local library and cafes.
Security – is mod download safe?
Before you learn how to download mods for The Sims 4, it’s worth telling a bit about the security of this solution. Any interference in the game script may result in a serious failure, so you should download extensions from reliable sources. Before installing anything, check the opinions about the modification. Also, do not overdo it with the number of expansions for The Sims 4. Add-ons can overload your PC and cause the game to freeze or fail to start at all.
How do I find out if mods may be causing problems in the game? Any defects can be identified during the game. If The Sims 4 does not start or the saves do not load properly, the problem may be due to an installed mod. What to do in this situation? It’s best to remove all mods and add them gradually, restarting the game each time. Once you’ve figured out which mods conflict with your game, simply remove them. Then it’s a good idea to inform the gaming community that the mod is crashing.
It is a good practice to periodically back up the folder where The Sims 4. We recommend that you do this before modifying the game files. A copy of the data can be placed on a pendrive or an external drive, the only requirement is sufficient free space. In the event of a crash caused by incorrectly installing the mod, you will not have to reinstall the game. You only need to restore old files.
Where can I download mods for The Sims 4?
If you’re wondering where to get your The Sims 4, we’re here to help. You’ll find free stuff on sites like Mod The Sims. This is one of the largest custom content sites for The Sims 2, The Sims 3 , and The Sims 4. You can carefully check each mod available on it – find out how many times it has been viewed, how many times it has been downloaded and whether it is recommended by the gaming community. There is also a forum on the site, thanks to which you will get help with many different issues related to the game.
We also recommend Sims 4 Downloads – the add-ons available there have been divided into various categories. They include hundreds of types of furniture, building materials, accessories for everyday use, mods that affect gameplay, tons of interesting clothes for Sims, houses and lots, workplaces, guides, tools and equipment. Each extension has a short and specific description, and it’s very easy to download – just click the distinctive, colored button that says Download here.
It’s also worth checking out The Sims Catalog. It is a huge base of CC accessories – clothes, houses and lots, hairstyles, makeup and tattoo accessories. You will also find interesting mods there, e.g. improving the realism of the school system or modifying the control of a pregnant Sim. The career of Youtuber and the mod that introduces vampires to the basic version of the game are noteworthy. Plus, there’s a whole new series of brand new behaviors and Sims’ personality traits.
An interesting site with add-ons is Sims House. The portal will especially appeal to players who want their Sim to look fashionable. There is a wide variety of clothes, shoes, hairstyles and accessories to choose from, and even some very glamorous tattoos. Extensions can be sorted according to the current trends or according to the number of downloads or their creator. It is not necessary to create an account to download CC.
Worth a visit as well The Sims Resource. There you will find thousands of fun add-ons to download, including creations, accessories, hairstyles, objects and even animals. For example, a mod that turns a dog into a panda or an extension that modifies a cat to look like a puma is very popular. There are many beautiful collars, harnesses and other accessories for pets. Artists who have published their works on The Sims Resource enjoy very good opinions, the portal even has a ranking of the best creators.
for The Sims 4 directly from the websites of the people who created them – this is the case of the designer named Veranka. The artist provides add-ons via Pinterest and Tumblr channels. The situation is similar with Luumia – the teenage mod creator has set up his own website, where he provides additional content. Importantly, you can only install additional content on your computer, the consoles do not support mods.
How do I install mods for The Sims 4?
At the end, we have a very practical guide for you “How to upload mods to The Sims 4”, because not all mods have an automatic installation module. If you have trouble installing extensions or you are simply concerned that you will do something wrong and your game will crash, these tips will help you out. Below you will find step-by-step instructions:
- enter the main menu of the game;
- select Options and the tab Other;
- activate two functions, ie Enable Mods and Mods and Mods with scripts enabled;
- apply the changes and restart the game;
- download selected mods;
- directory Documents, then Electronic Arts -> The Sims 4 -> Mods;
- put the downloaded extensions in the Mods (it must have a .ts4script or .package extension).
Once the mod files have been packed, unpack them before uploading. To do this, use a program such as WinZip or WinRAR. However, when their extensions are “.py” or “.pyo”, put them unpacked in the Mods.
GOOD TO KNOW: Some mods have their own installation instructions written by their creators. It may be necessary, for example, to put the files in a folder other than Mods or to replace the directory. If the mod was downloaded from a reliable source, doing so shouldn’t cause any crash.
As you can see, installing mods for The Sims 4 is not that difficult at all, provided that the extension is selected from a reliable source. There are many interesting fan-made mods available on the Internet – try the ones mentioned above. Thanks to them, playing with Sims will be even more fun and, despite the age of the series, will last for a very long time.