Badoo App is the app for you if you’re looking for your significant other. Check out our guide to the Badoo dating site. The described website and application are very popular all over the world.
What is Badoo Social?
The Badoo dating site was created in 2006 by the Russian entrepreneur Andrei Andreyev. The website allows making new friends with people whose character traits or interests match your criteria. The application is available in a mobile form, for smartphones with Android and iOS, as well as for stationary devices in the form of a website.
How does the Badoo dating app work?
The Badoo dating app has been designed to make registration and beginning easy.
1. The first step is to create a profile on the site. After clicking the Create account will be transferred to the form to complete your personal data, such as: name, date of birth, city, gender and e-mail address.
2. An option to find people you might know appears, however you can skip it for now.
3. The next step is to add a profile picture that you can attach via social networks, e.g. Facebook.
4. After the option to add a photo, it’s time for the last step. An auto-generated email will be sent to finish registration, which activates the profile on the website.
5. You will receive the account password in a separate welcome message.
After completing the above steps, it’s time to move on to the Quick-Hit, which is the main task of Badoo. What are its rules? It consists in choosing attractive people that you think you want to meet.
The visibility of your profile to other users in this section is influenced by the popularity index, which is calculated daily based on the number of:
- new matches,
- people who liked your profile,
- new guests on your profile.
How does matching work?
People who you liked and matched with you will appear in your Messages. Now it’s time to start a conversation, which is often the hardest part of making new friends. If you also find it difficult to take the first step – then use the Smile function. Once selected, Badoo will automatically send a message to the person you want to chat with. If you are not sure who matches you, you will see a heart symbol next to their name. However, when you delete a conversation with a given user, the match will also be deleted.
How do I change my location on Badoo?
Have you moved to a new place of residence and are wondering how to change your location on Badoo? All you have to do is log in to your account, click the pencil icon next to your current location on your profile page and enter a new one.
However, it may happen that the edit icon does not appear because the determination of the exact location is disturbed by:
- a browser that does not recognize it – in this case, set the city manually and leave the location services for the browser turned off,
- the automatic setting of location based on GPS on your phone when you use the mobile application and the browser at the same time.
How does location and the “People nearby” feature work?
The location function works to show you users who are near you or in nearby cities. Thanks to this , you can find people on Badoo who will meet the distance criterion selected by you in the settings. It is worth noting that the application does not determine the exact place where you are at the moment. It only shows your approximate location and the distance you are away from someone nearby.
Is the Badoo app free? What can you get with Badoo premium?
You register on the website for free and use its basic tools. If you prefer access to advanced features – you can buy credits, i.e. additional options available in Badoo Premium, which allow you to:
- view other profiles in secret (after turning on the Invisible Mode),
- raise your profile, which makes it appear higher in search results and is more often displayed in Quick-Pick
- promote your photo in such a way that it appears to users in your area, thanks to the ability to turn on the Spotlight function,
- check who liked you by the appearance of the folder In Favorites,
- the possibility of contacting new Badoo users ,
- the availability of the option to send twenty messages a day (in the free variant the limit is ten messages).
The price of a premium service depends on how long you want to use it. The following options are available:
- for life.
Does Badoo connect to Facebook? Is this portal safe?
The website itself will not connect to your Facebook profile, but it can do so if you give your consent. If you do, your friends on the social network will get a Badoo join notification sent on your behalf.
Badoo ensures the safety of users and ensures that the created profiles are authentic, and the people in the photos are the ones they claim to be, so it will ask you to verify the account by issuing a command to take a photo from the application. The screen will show the exact instructions which steps you need to follow. The system checks whether the photo taken is consistent with the one you have on your profile and whether you are an adult. Upon successful verification, you will receive a status that will indicate to other users that your profile is real.
How do I delete my Badoo account?
However, if the website does not meet your expectations and you are wondering how to delete your Badoo account, you can do it at any time. In order to delete the account, click the settings mode icon, visible in the upper right corner of the page. At the very bottom, the Delete Account, select this option and follow the instructions that appear. If there are problems or you are unable to delete the profile yourself, you can contact the Support Team at any time.
Badoo, like every dating app, has different opinions. People who are looking for their significant other or people willing to make new friends wonder what to choose: the well-known Tinder or Badoo, both very popular around the world. Before making your choice, it is worth noting that these two portals are fundamentally different from each other. Badoo has greater privacy options by being invisible in messaging, offers the availability of match rating based on algorithms, and connects people with similar interests or passions. So if you are a person for whom honesty, kindness, authenticity and the opportunity to talk on many topics counts, Badoo is a dating site just for you.